Students, faculty and administrative staff of faculties, schools and vocational schools operating within the university; provides library materials and services for education, training, research activities and free time. Baskent University Library is located in Baglica Campus with its single central library. A large part of the library operations and services are carried out through digital media. In addition, the catalog can be searched from the library web page over the Internet.
Academic, administrative staff and students from Başkent University can borrow books from the library on condition that they become members. For the registration of members, apply to the Lending Unit with the university ID. Academic staff must apply for membership with an official letter from the head of the department in the absence of university identity. Members who leave the University for any reason for a short period of time or for any reason are obliged to inform the library for the dismissal.
How Can You Borrow?
- Readers are required to be members in order to borrow books. Members are required to come to the library with their ID card. Academic staff: 7 books for 15 days, 1 easy book and 2 CD-floppy disks, 12 books per semester, 2 books (1 or 2 days), 2 days and 2 hardcover 7 days of DVD, video and audio cassettes publication, 3 notes for 15 days.
- Students can barrow 7 books for 15 days, 1 easy book and 1 reserve book for 1 day. MS and PhD students can borrow 10 books for 30 days, 1 reserve book for 1 day and 1 hardcover for 15 days. Administrative staff can buy 7 books, 1 reserve book (hourly or 1 day), 1 floppy disk, 1 compact disc, 1 DVD for 15 days.
- Members can only borrow books with their university ID. No transaction is made with someone else's card.
What Can You Borrow?
- All materials except reference sources, theses, periodicals and private collections can be borrowed within the framework of specified rules. There is a paid photocopy service for non-borrowed books. Reserve books can be borrowed hourly or per night. Easy Books can be purchased one at a time.
How to Reach Books?
- Open shelf system is applied in our library. With this system, you can access the material directly in the reading room. All materials in the collection can be scanned with the computer terminals available in the library. The user first finds the material he / she is searching from the computer, then determines the place number of the material and learns whether it is on the reader or not. He can then reach himself on open shelves or ask the librarian for help.
- The non-medical books in our library, Library of Congress, medical books are coded according to the National Library of Medicine classification system and placed on the shelves. Information about the Library of Congress and the National Library of Medicine classification systems is posted in the appropriate places in the hall. In addition, information can be obtained by contacting the officials. Short-term training programs are also organized to teach the use of the library.
- If the book is not in place on the shelf, it may have been taken by another reader. If the requested book is in another reader, you must reserve it on your computer. The book must be received within 3 days. Otherwise it may be lent to someone else.
Extending the Loan Period
- If not requested by another reader, the book can be brought to the library to extend the loan period. Up to two extensions can be made.
- Periodicals, which are subscribed to our library and received through donations, are arranged alphabetically according to their names, including medicine and other subjects in the Periodicals Hall. Periodicals and newspapers are not borrowed. Requested journal articles can be provided by photocopying. The list of journals in the library can be found in the Başkent University Library Periodicals Catalog ve and on the internet.
- The officers working in this unit; it provides researchers with accurate and quick information by utilizing library resources and other information centers.
- Provides training on the use of reference resources.
- Performs a search of publications from online databases. Helps users who want to scan the Reference Services unit.
- All information requests received by telephone and e-mail are met.
Library Rules and Sanctions
- Leave your valuables in the locker when you enter the library. When leaving the library, the handbag and books will be shown to the attendant at the control desk when requested.
- When books are taken from the library, lending transactions must be made. Otherwise, if the library security system warns, the registration of the member is deleted and disciplinary action is applied.
- For books that are not returned on the day, the daily delay penalty determined by the library is taken. Users who delay 20 books during a semester are not allowed to borrow books during that period.
- Those who lose or damage the library material are obliged to replace it or pay the price if it cannot be obtained.
- In case of loss of the books in the Reserve Unit (short-term lending unit), 100% transaction money is added to the current price.
- If the book and borrowed material cannot be supplied (the price is certain), the reader pays 50% of the price calculated at the Central Bank's exchange rate on that day and pays the accumulated delay until the date of reporting the loss.
- In case of loss of foreign language books whose price cannot be determined, the value of the Turkish currency at the rate of the Central Bank of that day is taken as equivalent to $ 80.00 and in case of the loss of Turkish books, the equivalent of $ 40.00.
- Our library does not serve external users. Academic users wishing to benefit from the library for research purposes should get permission from the rectorate by specifying the day and time they wish to benefit from the library by official petition. Library materials are available upon request. But they cannot make a loan.
- In accordance with the protocol between Ankara, Bilkent and Middle East Technical Universities and our university, the academic staff of both universities can be members for a term and can benefit from all library services.
User Services Unit
|Staff Name and Surname||Job Description||Telephone|
|Aylin Özkan||User Services Specialist | CHEFemail@example.com|
|Merve Ulusoy||User Services Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bülent Kılıç||User Services Officer||03122466666/3052||-|
|Zahide Kemaloğlu||User Services Officer||03122466666/3052||-|